Gf | Dairy Free | Vegan
1kg cauliflower cut into florets
6 garlic cloves
1-inch piece of ginger chopped
1 brown onion diced
1 carrot diced
250g pumpkin, cut into small chunks
100g red lentils washed
1L vegetable stock
700ml Bickfords Cashew milk
1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 chilli chopped
1. Heat the oven to 200
2. Toss the garlic and cauliflower in a bowl with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on a lined baking tray and roast until tender. Set aside a few small florets to garnish
3. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, carrot, chilli and ginger in a little olive oil for a few minutes.
4. Add the pumpkin, lentils and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the stock, cauliflower and cashew nut milk and simmer until the lentils and pumpkin are cooked. Puree and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
6. Garnish with spiced chickpeas, roasted cauliflower florets and fresh coriander
1. Drain a can of chickpeas and toss with salt, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and juice of ½ lemon.
2. Place on a lined baking tray and roast for about 20minutes until they start to dry out and get crispy around the edges.