Serves 8 | Gf | vegan
3 green scud chillies
2 long green chilli
2 tbsp chopped galangal
3 stalks lemon grass chopped
1 kaffir lime zested
8 coriander roots washed and scraped
2 in piece fresh turmeric chopped
3 shallots chopped
6 garlic cloves
10 white peppercorns
1 tsp coriander seeds roasted and ground
½ tsp cumin seeds roasted and ground
Blend all ingredients together in a mortar and pestle or in a blender to create a fine paste
For the curry
800ml Bickfords Macadamia Nut milk
250g eggplant cut into inch cubes
350g Japanese pumpkin, skin on cut into 5mm slices
1 punnet baby corn cut in half
10 kaffir lime leaves
2 stalks lemon grass
100g snow peas
100g green beans
1 red capsicum cut into chunks
1 small tin bamboo shoots drained
2 firm tomatoes cut into wedges
1-2 Limes juiced
1 red chilli sliced to garnish
½ bunch thai basil, leaves picked
Salt to taste
Mushroom soy or soy sauce to taste
60g coconut oil
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and fry the curry paste for 3- 4 minutes.
2. Add the Macadamia milk. Add the eggplant, red capsicum, baby corn, lime leaves, lemongrass stalks and cook for a 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the pumpkin and cook for a few more minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, snow peas, beans and tomato and cook until the vegetables are tender.
4. Season to taste with salt, lime juice and soy sauce.
5. Add the Thai basil and serve with steamed rice. Garnish with a few slices of fresh chilli.